Bang for my Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to get it all with your budget. Just get a smaller monitor. You can price out the componants at newegg real easily. Just head over there and make a cart. Also, You don't have to get 2 8800's. I always sell my cards on ebay when I upgrade and have had great luck selling both as a pair and getting around 60% of my money back to put toward next upgrade. That is why I don't hesitate in getting 2. In a year, someone will be more than happy to buy these EVGA beasts off me for a good deal. And you really don't need the PSU I got. It is just the absolute best from what I read and I don't want to buy another. Same with case, it is pricy, 300, but awesome.

Im very interested in the case and wondering what model of Sythe fans to replace the stock 120's? And i was told BFG is the best for the 8800's currently or are the EVGA just as good? Also i was told ASUS makes better mobo's than EVGA

I just got the sythe s-flex fans, they are great and easy to install. BFG is good, EVGA is good. Can't go wrong with either. BFG has lifetime warranty I think. But I have always bought EVGA and they hold value well when I go to resell them. As for mobo manufacterers, I have Asus, and I have EVGA. Both are good. Asus you pay a premium for but they are solid boards. I went with the EVGA because of overclocking options, and the price was better. My last Asus A8N-SLI deluxe did not overclock well so I thought I would try this board. And I am not dissapointed. I hit 3.6GHZ!! I was stable for 8 hours using super pi and prime 95, BUT, my temps were way too high. I just ordered water cooling euipment today so I am excited to get that in and try and push this thing to the max. E6600+water cooling equipment, including blocks for GPU, was less than top of the line Quad Core, BUT, I will see if I can clock as high as those guys are.

Sounds awsome, this will be my first build so im hoping to get the most out of it for awhile. Thx for the tips. One last Q, whats a good keyboard mouse for gaming purposes, i have the MC518(mouse) and the G15(Keyboard) in mind so far. And is Sceptre a reliable monitor brand?

For mouse there are lots of threads with lots of opinions. I use the G5 laser mouse from logitech. It owns. I have a standard keyboard but use a nostromo n52 for most of my gaming. It works great for FPS, strategy, RPG, whatever. Keeps my hand comfortable. Good luck on your build. All the things you are listing are good so I'm sure it will go well. Wish me luck on my venture into watercooling.....scary

is this your first time setting up a water cooling kit? and what brand did you go with, i was thinking of eventually going to water cooling after i get my pc all settled for a few months.

I didn't get a kit, I got seperate componants. I list it all out in my thread over in the OC forum. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom