Do i need to connect all of the Power supply cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slipknotjake

Baseband Member
I have a Xion Solaris w/ 450W psu case and i have 3 fans, each have a male and female connector. I have one harddrive, which has a male and female connector, and a cdrw drive with a female connector, all are 4pin. My power supply provides four 4pin male connectors, main power, cpu power, and two floppy drive connectors. I need my video card, 3fans, and power led which is male and female 4pin, to be powerd up. Do i need to hook all these up in series or what, because when i plugged everything in, there was still a female connector just sittin there on the end. If anyone knows what i should do please reply.

thanks

itl be fine... it doesnt matter if you have a female connector left over. Its supposed to be that way. It wont harm your computer at all.

And Just so u knw.....

Normally, you dont want everything hooked up in a single string because that can cause a strain on the psu.. Just think of each plug coming from the psu as an individual source

Also, just to be cautious you should make all of your fans connect in a single string. Because if one of them shorts everything on that string will probably recover with damage as well.

Also try to balance out how much each "string" uses. Dont put to much on each "string" try even it out.

I hope you understand what im saying, i dont know how else to explain. I think they also might be called rails, but im not sure.

If ya need any more assistance just PM me, ill be happy to answer your question ASAP

Good luck with your new build ;)

(EDIT)
You also should really consider getting a new Power Supply
Practically all PSU's that come with a Computer Case are cheap and unreliable.

I have that exact same case and psu and the psu died after 1 month.. then I got a name-brand one and it has been with me ever since and is 430 watts.

Also, when you ever consider getting a psu, dont just look at the peak watts, look at the railings. Usually you can just rely on the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom