microsoft mouse issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjrodezno

In Runtime
hi i need some help with my mouse.
i got a microsoft standard wireless optical mouse that works only occasionally.
the main problem is that sometimes the cursor as im moving the mouse just stands still and sometimes even the buttons dont work either. like it loses its sync with the receiver and it doesnt work again until i lift the mouse from the mouse pad and set it on it again.
i tried the microsoft website for support and i found a similar problem about "irratical mouse behavior" and i tried the solution they had there which was to remove the mouse from the registry and device manager, restart the machine and let windows reinstall it on its own.
this worked for the rest of the day but now its gone back to working only when it wants to.
its too much of a hassle having to do this everytime i want to use my mouse so i was hoping someone might have a solution.
thnx in advance

Last time my MS mouse broke i called them and told them i came home from work and my mouse didnt work and a piece fell off of the circuit board, they sent me a new one free of charge, didn't have to send the broken one back and my friend soldered the piece back on the first one...buy one get one free heh.

IBMan said:
Last time my MS mouse broke i called them and told them i came home from work and my mouse didnt work and a piece fell off of the circuit board, they sent me a new one free of charge, didn't have to send the broken one back and my friend soldered the piece back on the first one...buy one get one free heh.

sounds like a plan to me =D

If you have to lift the mouse and set it on again, Try sticking the mouse on a mouse pad if its not, or a different surface

schultzy said:
If you have to lift the mouse and set it on again, Try sticking the mouse on a mouse pad if its not, or a different surface

no its not that i lift the mouse by accident.
if i dont lift it then it the cursor just stays there and the mouse is irresponsive, when i lift it it starts working right again.. for a couple secs and then gets stuck again

yeah, but when the mouse gets stuck, and you HAVE to lift it to get it working, it could be the stuff under the mouse, eg Smooth desk,

Get a mouse mat for $2 and see if it works

i found the real problem!
its not working right because i had the receiver on the other side of the desk. after installing the intelli point software it prompted me to resolve a low signal problem and what worked was to put the receiver closer and upside down (yes thats what the troubleshoot guide said) lol
thanks for all the suggestions! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom