comp wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ryan

Baseband Member
:( hey everyone,

i was in the middle of playing a game just like ten minutes ago....and my comp just froze. so i restarted it and it turned off, and now....it doesnt turn back on. It will turn as far as loading up the drives and fans but then shut off before a picture of anything actually appears on the screen.

from what ive been reading it's probably my power supply or motherboard, but more likely power supply i think.

so the main problem is it wont even turn on now, but i have had problems in the past where it randomly restarts....it wasnt too often, only when i had a lot running and at that only about once every other day.

ive talked to my friend about that who works with comptuers more than me and he also suggested that it was the power supply, becuase im running a lot in my computer.

specs are -
amd dual core 4600+ windsor if i remember right
320 GB WD hard drive
ASUS M2N-E mobo
radeon x1800xt 256 mb
zs audigy 2 gamer
corsair xms ram DDR2 800 (PC4400)
and one dvd rw drive

i think thats it that i can remember.

thanks everyone.

sounds like a PSU problem as you say. Is the fan in the PSu spinning ok when you turn it on?

hey i just checked it, and no the fan isnt spinning :(

this sucks cuz i just bought this like 4 months ago

solution = go buy a new one??

just for future notice, clean out ur fans every couple months due to dust (& ur heatsink),sounds like its dead time for a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom