Bang for my Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookie_Tech

Solid State Member
Whats the best set up you guys can help me make using both Newegg and a Nvidia 8800 card? Budget $2500-$3000. im thinking like e6600, asus 6801, some Corsair ram good for OC'ing and a good cooling case maybe a Thermaltake Kandalf?

imo i dont think that the 680i chipsets are really that greta if your not doing sli

get a ds3 or a p5b which are both known for great overclocking, and reliablility.

as for ram with corsair you pay for the name go with g skills, or crucial if you can afford it

For $3000, id get a e6600, asus striker, 2 8800gtx, a big case (like a TT armor or a CM stacker), a couple of raptors, and a x-fi soundcard.

It's not necessary. One 8800GTX can handle every game out there now. If you spend that much on two of them, next year there will be a better graphic card.

For 3000 Im my budget building head I would get:

E6600
P5B-Deluxe
G.Skill HZ or Crucial Ballistix (2x1GB)
Tuniq Tower or Zalman 9500 cooler
eVGA 8800GTX
2x74 GB Raptor
20.1 inch widescreen
A good case around 120 bucks
550w Antec Tri power
x-fi soundcard

And some other stuff

Get my sig... It Owns. And 2 vid cards ARE good if you have a monitor that has high resolution. Otherwise, there really is no reason to get 2.

I dont recomend a 680i as there are still alot of problems with them and not only that, they cost alot.

You have a 30 inch dell so you better have 2 8800GTX if you want to run games full.

I still suggest a P5B-Deluxe over an 680i.

EDIT: 1 kilowatt is overkill ever for SLI 8800GTX. Most in SLI I would say is around 700 with good amps on the rails.

Dude, the 680i problems are over. You just have to flash the bios and install the new chipset drivers, so I wish people would stop saying that. Yes, at first it was buggy, not anymore. So stop saying it and go read more. Also, yes the PSU is overkill, but I'll never have to buy another one...ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom