new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattowns

Baseband Member
im thinking of saving for a decent laptop. i want one that can play bf2 css and games like that but i dont wanna spend alot!

im lookin for around 900 its probobly not possible.

i also want a 15.4 inch screen but one that looks good please hlep me find one.

Go to dell's website and make your own online
Or "build" your own, ;)

this is what i got from dell tell me if it is good and will run bf2 css and games like that

AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50 1.6 ghz
xp home
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display
512MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHZ, 1 DIMM
60GB Hard Drive
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (Integrated)
$750

or

Intel® Core™ Duo T2050 1.6 ghz
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition- free so y not
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™
about $890

if these are to high price for what im gettin can you tell me or if u have a better deal or these cant play those games plz tell me and leave feedback on these two systems

1.6ghz aint that good if your gaming on it
My prebuilt laptop comes with 1.7ghz
Try and get that upgraded :)

1.6 may not seem like a lot, but that is only the operating frequency /speed... and both are dual core. so both are not bad, but if I had to make a choice... I would have to go with the AMD... then take the extra money and get another stick of ram... integrated memory uses the installed ram to run video... so the more you have, the better.

Video is the key thing in gaming laptops. You need to have a good graphics card above all else. The $890 laptop's grafix are going to be significantly better at playing games. That's the one you should get. I don't think you could get anything better in your price range.

what if i bought seperate parts and a laptop case would that work idk if thats possible?

there are a few places out there that will let you custom build a lappy, but for the budget you have, your not going to get much better than what you posted earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom