Please Help with MS WORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjm001

Beta member
I am a medical transcriptionist. I am wanting to upgrade from MS 2000 Word to 2003. My concern is that I have a lot of information stored in my auto correct / quick word. This is information to save me time and increase my production. I need to find out how I can transfer this to a new Word program without having to re-enter all of my information.
Thank you in advance for any and all help.

I'm sure there is a way to do this but havent found out how to do so yet, I'll see what I can find

I would greatly appreciate anything you can find out. I really would prefer not to re-enter all my information. It is a lot of extra work, but I am in need of an upgrade. My word program locks up quite frequently, saying Word has encounter an error and must close. needless to say i have lost some information when this happens, so i am hoping to fix this as well. . Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Not sure if this will help but in Word 2003 and Word XP on Win XP I believe everything to be stored in a global template called "normal.dot" located in "\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates". I used it to transfer autotext from one computer to another on my network. Before you do an upgrade I would recommend trying it on someone else's computer with 2003 first to make sure it works. If the file exists on 2000 you can test it by copying it to another location and then renaming the original to normal.dot.old (or anything other than normal.dot for that matter) Word should create a new normal template when booted that will not contain any of your auto text

Thank you, I have an extra / backup computer, I will download 2003 and then if i can follow you instructions. Thanks again. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom