X1950Pro No Molex Cable Supplied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Ive herd that the X1950Pro isnt supplied with a Molex Power Cord. I have a stock 350watt psu for about 2 or 3 years. How do i no wether it supports a Molex Power Cable or my current graphics card (9600XT) is using one. If it was could i use it on my new card?

Thanks

The X1950Pro is supplied with a 2 x 3 PCIe power cable. My stock PSU did not have one so I had to upgrade. To find out if your current graphics card is using one simply open up your case and look! the molex one will have 4 round pins in a row and as stated above the PCIe plug will have 6 pins (2 x 3).

The only 9600XT avaliable on newegg uses no other power other than the power supplied by the AGP port. This causes more problems however, because the X1950Pro is PCIe and your current graphics card is only AGP.

like he said, you would need a pci-e slot and a power suppply that has pci-e connections for power. chances are your 3 year old psu doesnt.

Nice set up, never heard of that brand of RAM but I'm guessing its reliable? You know, you should just get a case, an optical drive, and a new PSU. You basically have a new computer right there. besides I don't know how much power the X1950Pro takes up but I know the X1950XT takes 30 Amps! so a new PSU may be in order, whether or not the one you have supports PCIe.

do not get the sapphire x1950pro because i had oveheating issues with it when playing 3d games. get something like the HIS version instead

Yes i no its worrying me. You say i should get them extra bbits like it doesnt cost anything !.Not herd of the ram either but im on a budget here. Infact i actually only have 175 quid ! but im selling a Remote control truck on ebay and hope to get 175. Also how much do you think my pc will sell for here are the specs.

Mobo> Asus A7V600
CPU>Athlon XP 2500
Graphics Card> Sapphire 9600XT
RAM> 1GB PC 2700
Soundblaster Live 24 Bit.
20GB Hard Drive (Quite Old)

I was hoping for 15-25 pounds for that.

Thanks

Ok But the Sapphire one is 135 Pounds. Ive found a Gigabyte one for 140 pounds with a custom Zalman Cooler as stock.

Zalman any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom