Intel 2.9GHZ Idling at 65c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Ok my freind has an Intel P4 at 2.9ghz at 65 c idle. With the fan at 4000 RPM. Is this OK ?

Im not sure. Do you want me to attach his DxDiag. He doesnt no wot it is. Ive ran him through and got him to install EVEREST liek CPU-Z he also says theres no GPU Temperature on there

Yes i thought it was very hot. He says his PC sounded very loud from the fan but its only 30 RPM more than mine and mines not that loud.

Thanks

Attachments

• dxdiag(1).txt
    46.4 KB · Views: 58
65C is fine....if you're cooking egg's.

Make sure that the heat sink is attached fully and that there is good contact with the CPU. If everything is fine there, I would take the heatsink off and re-apply some good thermal paste.

Its a Northwood core. Try to clean out any just in the heatsink/fan with an air can. Maybe some Artic Silver 5 and a neew heatsink/fan combo will bring that temperature down.

So do you think the fans what is making it loud. Its a friends pc not mine and no-one in has family are good with the Hardware aspect of the pc.

I would say first try to reapply the thermal paste and clean the heat sink. Also if the fan is making noise it might be because the ball bearing is damaged and therefore the fan might be going slower than normal(Of course it could just be a loud fan). If this does not help, than getting a better heat sink and fan is an option but you could also try and slightly down clock the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom