Im scared to build my own rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you plug one of the front panel connectors in the wrong place and try to turn it on, it will spark and catch fire and eventually melt.

You have been warned.

Lord AnthraX said:
If you plug one of the front panel connectors in the wrong place and try to turn it on, it will spark and catch fire and eventually melt.

You have been warned.

Are you trying to scare him?

I built mine a few weeks ago and it only took around an hour to do it. It's not really hard, and although you don't need one, I would get an anti-static wristband. It's really not hard, and if you come up with a problem then you can usually fix it, or if it very serious and can't be fixed, a reinstall of Windows will fix it easilly (although I would hope you will have something to back the stuff you want to save up (like an external storage device, or just burn CD-Rs.

Lord AnthraX said:

You have been warned.

Lord Anthrax FTW. :D

Lord AnthraX said:

You have been warned.

actually Iv found most new motherboards just refuse too bootup if the front connections are wrong at least that's whats happened to me on 3 mobos :).

There are only 2 scary parts in pc building one putting the motherboard in the case and two placing the CPU and heatsink on. Apart from that the rest is a breeze.

antistatic my wang. Ive made 10+ systems now and am fiddling about with the insides of some sort of system at least every 2nd day. Ive never gotten an electric shock nor damaged any hardware without this magical wristband. U could open the system up and cock-whip it all day long without a band on and itt'd do no damage (unless sized like mine - in which case, lucky man) as itt'd be snapping components right and left with the sheer size and weight.

plant said:
antistatic my wang. Ive made 10+ systems now and am fiddling about with the insides of some sort of system at least every 2nd day. Ive never gotten an electric shock nor damaged any hardware without this magical wristband. U could open the system up and cock-whip it all day long without a band on and itt'd do no damage (unless sized like mine - in which case, lucky man) as itt'd be snapping components right and left with the sheer size and weight.

That post was in now way helpful. But thanks for coming out :rolleyes:

Building your own is probably the best way to go about it. Simply because you get to know your computer better, and it actually is a bit easier to diagnose any problems with it, or so I have found anyways. Since it would be your first build, take your time, and by all means do not be afraid to read instructions and ask questions, instructions are your best friend, in most cases anyways haha. Everyone on tech-forums is more than willing to help as well, if the instructions don't have an answer someone on here will, so have no fear:)

Dont be scared , one tip , dont turn it on until you have checked and checked and checked it over and over , then ..... then..... , plug in ..... and power on .... if the screen lights up and it loads up you can relax.... if it dont ... , come here :p

Oh yeah; Don't put the side cover on the case before you turn it on for the first time. If you do, it's guaranteed that you'll have to open it up again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom