new processor and motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer105

Baseband Member
Hi

I am looking to buy the E6600 for £198. I want a good motherboard that supports 64bit, S-ATA 2 and is powerful enough for my 8800GTX etc. It has to be under £100.
Does the ASUS P5V-VM SE DH look good to you? Is there any better I could get for extreme gaming and other multimedia.

Also, would my Scythe Ninja Heatpipe cooler be suitable or is the heatsink provided quiet and can provide very cool results.

Also would my PC3200 RAM be compatable?

Thanks

"Extreme Gaming" and "a motherboard under £100" hardly go together. Try to see if you can get an ASUS P5B-E or P5B-Deluxe (those two models, specifically). If not, the Gigabyte DS3 is also a good motherboard that should be around your price range. See if you can't find those, and if not, then we'll see if there's others that you might be able to get.

The Scythe Ninja is a find cooler, better than the stock provided one.

PC3200 RAM will not be compatible because, as dario said, you need DDR2 memory for Core 2 Duos. The base memory needed is DDR2-533, but that will not let you overclock at all. DDR2-800 is the normally recommended speed for overclocking a Core 2 Duo.

No, all Core 2 Duo processors require DDR2 RAM to run. There may be some custom motherboards that support DDR, but I can't imagine they're very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom