Intel Equivalent of Dual Core 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the C2Ds own. I believe you can overclock the e6300 to 2.5GHz on stock cooling. But it's always good to get an aftermarket like a Zalman CNPS900 or 9700.

Yea, even if the stock cooler is a decent one, always get an aftermarket cooler if you're going to OC.

Those C2D's are absolutely amazing. You really can't get a better price/performance out of any other line of CPU's out there.

a $180 proc (6300) is blowing away a 900$(FX-62). it's insane.

Yeh i think i will. But now ive discoverd my PSU doesnt support PCI-E powercable i wont have the money for a cooler. So what do you reccomend i OC to with stock cooling on the 6300.

Thanks

K M A N said:
Yeh i no my 2500 is strong as anything i rarely suffer from any performance issues just on the desktop on photoshop anything like that its only when i get to games.

Ok i have enough money for a AM2 X2 4200 now ... then again the Core 2 Duo 6300 is only 6 pounds more. Will i get alot more performance for 6 pounds more. Im english dont post a new egg link please.

Thanks

If you can afford it, yes, most definately go with a Conroe system.

Lets start over.....What are your current system specs? And whats your budget?

You will also need a new mboard, memory, psu etc

I've seen a water cooled e6300 Allendale core push 3.4

An just 2 weeks ago Intel announced it's 2 lower models E4300 and E6300 will be cheaper and available with the 4MB caches as early as Q2 or Q3. But if you have the money get a conroe model series and pump it up so to speak.

vaderpro said:
If you can afford it, yes, most definately go with a Conroe system.

Lets start over.....What are your current system specs? And whats your budget?

You will also need a new mboard, memory, psu etc

Current system specs are Athlon 2500, Radeon 9600XT,1Gb DDR PC2700 RAM,Asus Mobo, 10x DVD, 350 watt PSU + Case.

I have 175 pounds + another 175 pounds from an ebay auction and im selling The PC above + 4 games UT2004,BF2,Sniper Elote,BF Vietnam. So it depends how much i could sell all that for. But i think around 30 quid. So about 400 pounds budget unless you think it will sell for more.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom