Intel Equivalent of Dual Core 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
What would be a similar or slightly faster processor then the AM2 3800X2... for the same or less price or does one not exist for a cheeper/same price.

If you send links im british so no new egg.

Thanks

AS for the Pentiums, a 3800 is equal to, or better than, a 3.8MHz. As for the C2D, there's not really a comparison because the C2D's blow it out of the water.

TThe 3800X2 is equivalent to the Pentrium D 820. The AMD chip is supposed to be slightly faster and (as most AMD procs are) a little less expensive.

The difference isn't that much. Marginal is the word I would use. If your looking for a cheap fast computer go a bit and get the e6300 from newegg and get into the C2D phase. Pentium D and the 3800 won't stay on too much longer. Soon enough you will find yourself needing to upgrade yet again to stay with the pack. Might as well spend the money on a C2D and a good board, OC it if you wish and b able to not have to UG until it becomes necessary. You can find yourself spending the same amount of money in a year or less if you go ahead with the 3800 or the Pentium D.

Yeh i no my 2500 is strong as anything i rarely suffer from any performance issues just on the desktop on photoshop anything like that its only when i get to games.

Ok i have enough money for a AM2 X2 4200 now ... then again the Core 2 Duo 6300 is only 6 pounds more. Will i get alot more performance for 6 pounds more. Im english dont post a new egg link please.

Thanks

Yes, it's really worth it. And you'll really get your money's worth when you overclock it.

Ok wow... I just saw something thats really cool. The E6300 Was Overclocked from 1.8ghz to 2.5ghz .... Then they showed the becnhmarks against Counterparts. In all but 1 tests (10 tests) It was faster than an FX-62... And total thrashed an X2 5000+. But to overclock that much can i leave it cooling with the default supplied fan in the retail kit. Or will i need some mega cooling.

Just incase this makes alot of differnce on running temps. Also in the case will be an X1950Pro, 1GB/1.5GB Pc 5300 Ram. All on a 350 watt stock PSU. But dont worry about the psu my dads so confident it will be fine that if it blows up or the pc wont start up he wil replace it all. LOL

:p Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom