Help Comp Not Starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChingChong23

Baseband Member
Hi, i brought a new computer today. only the motherboard ram and processor.

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9
Processor - AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Socket 939 San Diego
Ram - 2x 512mb Legend ram

k, so i took out my old motherboard. put my new one in and plugged everything in correctly i think. Then booted it up. all my tower lights went on. the fan was going. but no picture came on my monitor. the monitor was on, i tried 3 different monitors and used inbult VGA and external video card but nothing happend, i tried switching around RAMs but still wasnt that. Please help me. i even reset cmos and took battery out and plugged back in but its not seeming to work :(

Take mobo out of case, place on a hard non-conductive surface. Unattach everything except RAM, CPU and video card. Then See if it POSTs. If it does, add one thing at a time. On and off for each thing added seeing if it POSTs. If you add everything and its fine, put it back in the case and try it.

ahh thanks for ur help but i got it fixed.. there was a cord that i couldent find the imput for on the motherboard. then i suddenly found it and now its all working well :) ty for that. and WoW this has 256mb integrated graphics says its nvidia 6100 integrated gfx, better than my old shitty 5500fx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom