Why can't I turn my resolution up past 1280x960?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
My monitor is capable of 2048x1536 and my video card is capable of higher than that but whenever I change my resolution past 1280x960 the screen goes to a trapizoid shape and I have to adjust it.
It didn't use to do this but a few months ago it started and I never figured out why. I didn't change anything but since then I tried the newest omega drivers but still no help there.

I have

x1800xt
newest omega drivers
Dell P1110 monitor

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Anybody? I know this can't be that hard of a problem but I can't get it to work.

im been using the Catalyst driver never had any problems, couple people told me that 3d marks went down like 200/250 with omega, but sounds like it has good tweaks

Its a CRT regular screen.

I use Omega because it allows me to set a overclock profile with fan control, voltage, gpu/mem speeds, and then selecting the game will turn that profile on or off. Its just a lot easier and I don't need to worry about forgetting to change a setting.
I guess I will try the regular drivers but it didn't do this when I first had the omega drivers.

It works fine on 1280x1024.

EDIT: Well I got rid of the MultiRes program and messed with the settings on the monitor and changed the refresh rate to 60hz. Now I can set the res to 1600x1200 at the desktop. But if I set that res to run in a game like Doom 3 I get the same problem...

hmm maybe doom3 is trying to change the refresh rate by itself?

there may be an option in doom to set it at 60Hz.

jealous of the res that monitor can do though... what is it, 19" crt?

Well I'll have to check to see if Doom 3 has a setting but this happens in all games.

The screen is IIRC a 20.1 crt. It is rated to go up to 2048 but can go up to 2560 at a certain refresh rate. Its actually pretty old (~5yrs) but I got it for $50.

maybe there is an option in the drivers to force a certain refresh rate at all times? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom