Nividia Naming Schemes

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddogsdhs

Baseband Member
Can anyone help me out....
there is a 5900se, 5900 and 5900xt all very similar in cost on new egg. Additionally, there are the high end 5700 ultras and such which retail for about the same. Which card is the best? I was planning on purchasing the 5900xt from gainward.

Thanks,
Jeffo

The 5900xt is the best in that group, I believe and 5900 Ultra would be the step up from that.....

No, the 5900 non-ultra is the best in the group, so choose that if it's the same cost (make sure it's a good brand too). DO NOT COMPARE WITH ATI; nVidia uses the word "XT" totaly different.

WQ87 said:
No, the 5900 non-ultra is the best in the group, so choose that if it's the same cost (make sure it's a good brand too). DO NOT COMPARE WITH ATI; nVidia uses the word "XT" totaly different.

Does it? I wouldn't know
:rolleyes:

WQ87 said:

AS I recall the performance heirarchy goes like this (top to bottom = greatest -> least), the ultra for nvidia is synonymous with the XT in ATI:

GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900
GeForce FX 5900 XT

WQ87 said:
What does that suppose to mean?

Because until a few weeks ago I didn't enough know Nvidia used the XT branding for their cards and find it kinda weird they do since ATi's flagship's are labeled XT:confused:

The Merlin said:
Because until a few weeks ago I didn't enough know Nvidia used the XT branding for their cards and find it kinda weird they do since ATi's flagship's are labeled XT:confused:

probably to get people to think that card is fast b/c ATI is dominating :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom