Problem with my Souncard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshanpicardo

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

I just recently upgraded my comp and picked up a an asus a8v-vm mobo wit an amd athlon 3000+ chip.....i have a creative audigy 2 value soundcard and a geforce 7600gt graphics card....

Ok the problem is that my soundcard does not seem to be functioning properly....as in all i hear is static along with the song in the back ground...i've tried everything i know to fix the problem but nothing seems to work....

Sometimes it plays the songs properly and then all of a sudden it just breaks out in this crackling which varies along with the song i'm playing

i've re-installed my OS, disabled the onboard soundcard...updated the drivers....but all to no use....the problem still persists....

Can anyone help me out..

Roshan

Did you try different earphones/speakers? maybe the wires/itself is damaged.

Make sure you sound card is fully hooked in? Take it out/put it back in.

well i had actually connected a friends creative 2.1 speakers to check whether it was happening only on my speakers but i got the same crackling and distortion on his speakers too.

I'm guessin its a hardware conflict because my drivers are installing properly.....

It was working for a couple of days and then all of a sudden i cud hear this very loud distortion that kept playing with the song....

i have an asus a8v-vm board and a creative audigy 2 value pci card....

Roshan

It could also be a flat out defective card, but there's a few things to check first.

1, try moving your soundcard as far away from other components as possible. Strangely I've actually had a soundcard get interference from being too close to a graphics card once. Twas odd.

Did you soundcard come with any software? If it did, try adjusting the settings in there or else flat out removing the software. I've had a couple customers call me out to fix "Sound Distortions" where it turned out it was a setting in the software that came with the card.

Finally, try a new card, it could honestly just be a defect in the card itself.

Hi,

The card used to work properly on my old mobo.....its after i purchased the new mobo that i'm gettin this problem.

Cud it be a compatibility problem....the creative audigy 2 value is a 24 bit card and i have a a8v-vm.....

The card and the video card are a couple of inches apart so i dont think its interference.

Thought its something to do with the interupt controller.

Roshan

Roshanpicardo said:
Hi,

The card used to work properly on my old mobo.....its after i purchased the new mobo that i'm gettin this problem.

Cud it be a compatibility problem....the creative audigy 2 value is a 24 bit card and i have a a8v-vm.....

The card and the video card are a couple of inches apart so i dont think its interference.

Thought its something to do with the interupt controller.

Roshan

does your mobo have onboard sound? have you tried disabling that in the bios and then see if you notice any difference?

yupe, my mobo does have an onboard sound card

i did disable it in the bios but that dint help.

Sometimes the card works and i can play my mp3 without any distortion or crackling...but then all of a sudden out of nowhere the audio disappears and all i can hear is crackling and distortion in sync with the song... and it becomes worst when i play games.

Thats why i have a feeling its one of them irq things that giving me a problem or the SPDIF thing whatever that is.

Roshan

i've re-installed my OS, disabled the onboard soundcard...updated the drivers....but all to no use....the problem still persists....

But have you tried reinstalling the drivers? Dunno if that will help or not.

My experience was that if your sound card is doing that, its probably faulty. Although I have fixed one once where all I did was clean the contacts and clean off all the dust (including the port on the mobo and the little holes where the audio jack goes in)

Don't suppose you or your friend has a spare sound card lying around to test do ya?

yupe, i've even re-installed the drivers but that dint work....will try cleanin the port and the slot and see if that makes a diff...

I'll have to ask around to see if anyone has a spare soundcard.

Will sit with my pc this weekend and try everything out......hopefully wont have to re-install the Os, cuz thats a pain to do.....

Roshan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom