New Mid-range Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Said Mid-Range ! ... That Systems gona rock if you get the reccomended 6300 Conroe

Good Luck

Its pretty expensive... Is it really that much better?

The reasons I chose the pentium D were:
a)Cheaper than Core 2 Duo
b)Higher clock speed (w/o overclocking)
c)(from what I've read) Modern Games run better with Faster single cores than slower dual Cores (or the same) but this has 2 fast cores to allow for games of today and future games utilizing dual core architecture.

Is this correct or is the slower core speed of the C2D really better than the Pentium D?

I'm a little reluctant to overclock for power, heat, and stability reasons.

The Pentium D line isn't really a good dual core processor. Heres a comparison between the Pentium D you chose and the C2D e6400:
http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=439&model2=433&chart=192
The C2D even though with lower clock speeds, are still way faster than a Pentium D at 3.0GHz. Right now the clock speeds don't matter. It's how much the processor can process in one cycle that matter. And the C2D can accomplish far more than a high speed processor with lower speeds.

The Core 2 Duo is a lot better than the Pentium D you linked and only $40 more. No reason not to get it-it's well worth the money. You'll really appreciate the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom