Windows ME error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwadue

Beta member
Every time I turn on my computer a yellow triangle message comes up that says: Explorer has caused an error in 8272807082 TMP. Explorer will now close. I have tried restarting my computer but it still comes up. If I x the notice out I lose my desk top and the bar at the bottom. Please help

What OS are you using? If you're running XP, have you tried restoring to a point before the troubles began?

Run the MSCONFIG system utility and disbale everything that is starting up with windows and see what that does. If it doesnt happen you know something is bombing the system out at start up. Also if that doesnt work see if you can get into the system in safe mode. Then from there you can narrow it down further.

once u get that error and explorer closes u could try restarting by typing explorer.exe in task manager or the run box if u can get to it, the shortcut is windows key + R on xp dunno if its the same on ME. it mite just error again but if not at least it mite help til u figure out what the problem is, i agree uncheck everything not vital in msconfig and see if that fixes it and then start checking um back one by one til u find the culprit if it does indeed stop it from erroring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom