Games crashing an hour or so into the game, + another quesiton that may be off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoto

Solid State Member
First off, my system specs are

GENERAL INFO
Windows XP Media Edition
298 GB Hard Drive
260 GB USB Hard Drive
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 4600+
2.41 GHz
1.00 GB ram

VIDEO CARD
NViDIA GeForce 7600 GT
NViDIA GeForce 7600 GT

I dont know where to find my soundcard info, anything else you need please ask and tell me where to find it.

Ok, the first and most reacurring (sp) problem is that all the games im currently playing (Knights of the Old Republic, Republic Commando, Halo) crash an hour or so into the game. I have no idea why this is, as this is a brand new computer.

There is 0 spyware and 0 viruses according the spybot and panda (my virus program). I believe that my video card drivers are updated, although i am not 100% sure. I did it the other day, and it went through, so I can only assume its fully updated.

I did a disk defrag two nights ago.

The second problem, and this has been happening alot less since i had my video card drivers updated, is that the computer flashes a blue screen wtih a wall of text on it, and then reboots. I am nearly positive that it is not overheating, nor is there aton of dust in there.

The manufactuer (sp) of the PC is www.cyberpowerpc.com

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Actually, it sounds like overheating. Download Motherboard Monitor and keep it running it and checking your temps... especially right after your game crashes.

The monitor says it was 32 F after the last crash i had. I was in the middle of Halo when it happened.

That would be 32 Celcius. And that's not hot at all.

Try opening up Task Manager and killing every process running under your user name. Don't touch any System process, and don't kill explorer.

no, i have it set to fahrenheit. Although i just switched over to Celsius, and it says 0, so i can only assume that its not working.

Open up the nvidia control panel and look under tempeture monitoring.

What does it say when your NOT playing a game?

Unless Your CPU is Overclocked out the wazoo and is cooled with a continuous supply of liquid nitrogen there's no way your CPU can be running at 0 Celsius

EDIT: Or you could be living in Antarctica...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom