Comment On Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everything have to be on max? Once you reach a certain point, the human eye cannot discern the difference.

I recently bumped my BF2 up to my monitor's native resolution of 1280 x 1024. All it did was to make things smaller and a little clearer... really messed up my aiming for a day or two. But it was just fine on 800 x 600. I run the other settings on a mishmash of levels... not because I can't run them on high, but the settings I use gives me the best visibility in the game. Being able to see the other guy is more important to me that whether the grass is waving perfectly in the breeze.

The 7900GS, or 7900GT, can run any game out there on high or close to high settings, if you are so inclined. Besides, NVIDIA is still having driver problems with the 8800's.

Trotter said:
Why does everything have to be on max? Once you reach a certain point, the human eye cannot discern the difference..

my point exactly about c2d versus x2.
anyways...murdax.do some research, please.
lol it cracks me up that you fret about, "i cant be the best"...
i give u a challenge..
make your 6600 better than my 4200 otherwise you suck.
jk bro

hey why would me do that, and what is the LN2. and hey Lord Anthrax what is your system specs and what RAM you use and how much.

MurdaX said:
hey why would me do that, and what is the LN2. and hey Lord Anthrax what is your system specs and what RAM you use and how much.

LN2 is liquid nitrogen.

Specs are in the sig. I left out the other hard drive and my sound card and my ram

I use Crucial DDR2 1000 2X1 GB .

How much do I use?

Uhh It depends. Right now im using 380 megs with a couple stuff open and win amp but that's about it.

also would like to know if that mobo is really good and would you recommend it to anybody listing a good amount of advantages and disadvantages please.

Sure thing.

Pros
-WiFi, very strong connection
- x975 Chipset.
- Simple soulutions for backing up hard drives, and raid, with EZ backup and EZ raid.
- Good overclocker. Has pretty stable northbridge.
- Excellent north and south bridge cooling

Cons
- PATA is in a weird spot under the PCI slot.
- No Trfc opition in the bios for tweaking memory.
- No rock solid BIOS yet.
- Wont do 450+ FSB.

All and all I reccomend it if you have a e6700, or x6800.

Others such as an E6600 and below, a 965 Chipset would be much better.

Beucase x975 chipsets were designed for Low Stable FSB's.

x965 Is intels new chipset, and is much more capable of higher FSB's.

This board does 390 400 FSB Rock solid stable.

With an E6700 that would be 3.9GHz or 4.0Ghz (390x10, 400x10)

An e6300 and this board would be a nightmare. This more has a huge wall at around 450.

450X7 = 3.1GHz, but 450 Rock solid stable is non-existant on this board.

390X7= 2.7 GHz, not a very good overclock.

I would recommend it, but if you are a high enthusiast overclocker, then pick up a 965 Chipset like the Asus P5B Deluxe so you can get the most out of your processor without your board holding you back.

Man it's just too bad that newegg doesn't have anymore of that mobo at moment and whenever they do get it in stock they always go out of stock in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom