Getting a new GPU but, what to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanitY

Beta member
Hi, I'm new to the forums so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I'm currently running a Nvidia Geforce 7300LE with 512 megs or RAM that came with my PC, and I want to upgrade but I'm not a particularly techie person so- What would be the best card for me to get for up to a max of £150?

Cheers

-SanitY

ooh, thanks for the help. My only one question, forgive my stupidity :) , those white parts, um , I have a blue cable and the bit that it plugs into doesnt look like that

-SanitY the Stupid:eek:

K M A N said:
Here this will be Perfect .... Great Performance you will get there im planning on gettin one myself but the 256MB version (1FPS SLOWER..... ! )

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=521951

Thanks

yes I agree with this above its a great card and performs better than the 7900GS.

and white parts? blue cable what!? the only thing you will need to change is uninstall your Nvidia drivers and then install the ATI ones.

SanitY said:
ooh, thanks for the help. My only one question, forgive my stupidity :) , those white parts, um , I have a blue cable?

-SanitY the Stupid

Are you talking about the plug that goes into the card? If so, then you have VGA, and the card has DVI. If you buy the card new (which you will) it will have an adaptor that will let you plug in the vga to dvi.

Riight, i was just wondering if it would come with the cable I need. Thanks a lot for the help people. is that extra 256 megs of ram really worth the extra £35 or so? Should I get the 256mb version?

SanitY

The fact you ask the question and money is involved, points to the money being a problem so in that case no the 512mb wont offer an amazing performance boost to warrant £35 on it espcially if money is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom