Gaming PRoblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

madbox

Solid State Member
Check my Sig for Hardware....

First my Situation, when I bought all these componenets, I had a much cheaper RaidMax PSU, that I thought was the culprit to my problems....

But First, I buid this machine install CSS and The Sims, both of these games work fine on my OTHER computer <= 3 years old... But when I first started I would get a flicker problem that can be seen here ... http://youtube.com/watch?v=QSnOw3zy3m8

That shows my flicker issues, so first I assume it's my video Card, I RMA it, get a new one, I try out CSS, it works FINE, but in the process I had to reformat the HD, so I reinstall steam Give CSS a go, and I get the SAME PROBLEM,

so by now, I am thinking it is my old power supply which probably cannot feed the video card enough power (amperage), So I Get a Refund on that one and get what I currently have an OCz GameXtreme 700w, This is far more than what I need, but I still get my Flicker problems. These problems are more apparent in CSS than in the Sims.

Also I can play CS flawlessly...

My Assumption is the old PSU screwed up my current GfX card.

Another is that X2's are not made for gaming, but even then, the Sims 2 doesn't require much processing.

The Dual core is enough for pretty much all of the gaming, I doubt the PSU stuffed up your video card, Step1 is make sure you have all the latest drivers for all your hardware not just your video card, then see what that does

Alright, I will attempt to update everything, Vista has problems with this for somereason ...

UPDATED, Same problems... Any Ideas, AMD doesnt really have anything for their CPU as far as drivers go, vid card is up to date and so is the Motherboard... Don't know what it is..

I am also having problems with video, when I have it hooked up to component. HDTV 1080i, the Video flickers when I move the mouse unto my Primary Monitor... Anyone think its video card?

try taking the overclock off your CPU, and if that doesn't do it try underclocking your graphics card.

Ok thanks..

Put CPU to stock, then Downclocked GPU to 400/400

stock 540/600

Exact same problem in CSS stress test.

bummer, i got corruption like that when I was testing how far I could OC my CPU but I guess its not that. I'm out of ideas unless its the card, I think its quite common for overclocked gf7900s to be faulty

actually i'm not that familiar with the new vista compatible drivers, these might be to blame.
If you feel up to the work then try swapout testing the gfx card with your other machine (assuming the othermachine is running xp?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom