desktop icon pics dissapear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys must have alot of time on your hands; you're so quick to reinstall windows. I'd say to start off by running a repair on windows. Reinstalling all your programs and getting everything the way you wanted really sucks.

Yes it without a doubt sucks but sometimes is the answer to getting things fixed. I also suggested reinstalling CS as it could also be the cause of the problem.

oh well i will just deal with it. It only happens once in a blue moon. I don't know why cause its only CS:S. I play CS:S everyday and this hasn't happened for about 1 month now. Just happened now though. oh well.

i don't think it's a real "problem". it sounds like a glitch from swapping video modes :confused:. this may sound crazy but what filesystem is your boot drive/partition? FAT32 or NTFS. FAT32 systems get progressively cluttered over time and one thing that is very noticeable is seek time i.e. if the drive must find a lot of small files on short notice it slows down. icons on the desktop have been known to take incredibly long amounts of time to load on old FAT systems

its NTFS. And the icons got huge images when i just closed CS:S. I was wondering how to take a desktop picture? and then how to get it on this forum? You may have to see it to help me out.

Do you think that my graphics card is getting hot or something?

Its getting alot worse now. In counter strike source this happens. i can't move my mouse, go in reverse, and my sound don't work. Whats wrong? Oh but i can shoot and go forward left and right. The graphics card looked like it was choking and something smells so i think its going to go soon and its the Evga geforce 7600gt.

Can the graphics card hurt anything if it goes? like the mobo?

Its my third build thats having this trouble.

I heard something sizzling/popping. I think its either the mobo or the video card. I have no clue so i shut off the computer and now i am on my other computer. Thats why its good to have more than 1 computer.

You guys where slow to answering so i fixed the problem. It was the power supply which i paid $80 for and its a 400 watt. bad deal.

Oh yeah can you give me a link to a good sli power supply on newegg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom