Ram upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strycker

Solid State Member
Pardon my newbiness, but I need some suggestions as far as ram goes. My rig is as follows :

AMD Athlon 4200+ X2
1GB of CorsairValue, PC3200
7800GT

Honestly, I was just going to go out and buy a GB of Kingston PC3200, but then I was talking to someone and they warned me that the Corsair would greatly hinder it. However, I'm not sure if this is true or not and wanted some advice. I'm mainly looking to upgrade for Vanguard, Age of Conan, EQ2, etc. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you buy another Gig of Corsair Value Select at the same speed, it will run fine no problems.

Do you have a 1GB stick, or 2X 512 Sticks?

2x 512's, but I'm not especially happy with Corsair. Which is why I wanted to stack a GB of Kingston on top of it, I figured it'd give me a little boost in peformance. However, if thats not the case, then argh. :p

Well you have to see how many DIMM slots you have.

If you want, you could save up your money, and just buy a regular 1X2GB DDR400 kit, they are not too expensive and they run in dual channel, Much faster then just sticking another 1GB of kingston in.

Whatever floats your boat.

I have 4 slots. Can you give me a link to one of them for a good price? I'm on a somewhat limited budget. Mucho appreciated.

I'd say about $250. Preferably around 150-200. However, I'm pretty sick and tired of my crappy ram bogging me down. I can hardly play EQ2 because of how horrible my FPS drops in cities and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom