should i adjust fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
ok i got this thing up to 4.27 from multuipliers. The fsb is still stock at 266 in the bios and my mem is running at 1:1 currently. Would lowering the multiplier and raising the fsb really give me that much more performance for stuff like super pi?

And how high a fsb is safe on air cooling with the stock nb cooler?

man, thats nasty.
yes raising fsb will give you results.
you should try raising your fsb, cos cpu freq is most important
i say if you can press 400 mhz fsb you are cookin.
but 4.27 is nasty...you should just live with that. what do you pull in super pi 1m now...like 18 seconds?
dang.

i just cant figure out what voltage to raise for fsb, has 2 wird sounding voltages besides the cpu and mem voltages

vMCH is 1.85 for that overclock

for Memory do 2.4

Ich auto, and the one below Vmch, second choice.

Try that

If you are running 1:1 at 266FSB your RAM is severely underclocked. At the least you should get it up to stock speeds either with a divider and/or FSB increase.

Preference would be to run the FSB at its max and then adjust multi and RAM divider to get both CPU and RAM at max as well.

Lord AnthraX said:
Woah woah idiotec!

Where have you been man!?

Glad to see you back here.
Yeah, I have just been busy as ****. Work, life etc, all going crazy at the same time. I just need to start making more time for TF :D

thanks guys. ill see what i can do tonight. got a whole box of brand new fans from the past 2 years that havnt been used and a bunch of other crap. Sure i can somehow get some good airflow over it.. I might use some posterboard to make a duct lol..Dont care what it looks like.. dont take this thing to lan parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom