Backing up XP cd to a cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiq

Baseband Member
Is it possible by just using Nero 5 Express?

I saw a "Copy Entire CD" option but it shows source drive and destination drive as the same thing. I only have 1 cd burner.

Whats the best way to do it? Do I have to put it on my hard drive first as an IMAGE file, then burn? How?

I'm doing this because I lost my XP cd once before and I had to buy a new one, dont want to have to do it again if it gets lost or scratched up

All you need is 1 drive it will copy it to the hard drive and then to the blank CD automatically for you.

I would use Alcohol 120%. I'm pretty sure there's a trial version. Just use the image making wizard to capture an image of the disk, and then use the image burning wizard to burn the image to a blank disc

I tried Nero's "Copy Entire CD" It did make an image automatically and then asked me to insert a blank disc. Well I put in one of my regular 4.5gb dvd-r discs and it says it was not supported media or something like that. It also pulled up errors like "need volume xxxxXP"...."cancel/retry/continue/"

Not as easy as I thought. I'll look into Alcohol

My burner does both, but I guess the windows xp cd is not compatible with a dvd disc? I will try a cd-r if I can find one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom