Going from 6800GS to 7600GT???

Status
Not open for further replies.
maroon1 said:
7600GT is better but you will not see a big difference.

If you want to see a big difference then you will need to upgrade to at least 7900GS which cost about %150 in newegg

Never new you could buy in %'s .... Its usually USD or GBP.

And im english so dont ever go on newegg so why does EVERYONE send links of stuff on newegg ?

Thankd

K M A N said:
And im english so dont ever go on newegg so why does EVERYONE send links of stuff on newegg ?
Thankd

Because Newegg.com is the best **** computer etailer out there. Period.

Heck, I live in Mexico, and even though I can't buy there, I check it all the time to see part specs and US prices.

jorsoft03 said:
I believe your 6800GS is less powerful than the GT version so there is a decent improvement.

The 6800gs has the fast ram like a 6800ultra the 6800gt has the slow ram. And I am almost 100% sure Shumway opened his disabled pipes and shaders so in fact he is using the equivalent to a 6800ultra, and he might actually lose performance going to a 7600gt. Or they are very close with in the margin of insignificance.

FlashDude said:
The 6800gs has the fast ram like a 6800ultra the 6800gt has the slow ram. And I am almost 100% sure Shumway opened his disabled pipes and shaders so in fact he is using the equivalent to a 6800ultra, and he might actually lose performance going to a 7600gt. Or they are very close with in the margin of insignificance.

The 7600GT outperforms the 6800ultra by 5%-10%, so no he will not lose performance if he upgrade to 7600GT.

But he will not gain a lot of performance, so thats why I recommend to upgrade to 7900GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom