Several paths to choose.. upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what? The nforce4 you picked out will run sli but they weren't really meant for the conroes. The 680i chipset is the only chipset meant for the conroes and sli (except for the 650i but its 8x 8x sli).

Omg, never heard of full metal panic!!! Not like FMA. Its a military manic meets cute schoolgirl anime ;). Its awesome. There's three seasons out right now:

Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Panic Fumofu (this one is kinda like a funny intermission season, you don't need to watch if to understand TSR but its still funny as heck to watch)
Full Metal Panic The Second Raid

edit: Here we go...AnandTech explains why the nforce4 doesn't do as well with the conroes in this review (5th paragraph down).

okay, once again...it depends on your budget:

to go c2d with the specs listed, your talkin 800ish bucks.

to go with opty 180, we're at 550 ish (pretty big trade off for price/performance...250 bucks and the 6600 will whoop the opty)

or, go with the opty 165, you're at 450ish dollars and you have beaten the crap out of your current rig.

depends on your budget, man.
800 is a lot more than 450. if you have 1000 dollars saved up, the choice is easy.

nagasama said:
okay, once again...it depends on your budget:

to go c2d with the specs listed, your talkin 800ish bucks.

to go with opty 180, we're at 550 ish (pretty big trade off for price/performance...250 bucks and the 6600 will whoop the opty)

or, go with the opty 165, you're at 450ish dollars and you have beaten the crap out of your current rig.

depends on your budget, man.
800 is a lot more than 450. if you have 1000 dollars saved up, the choice is easy.

I have around 8,000 stored up.. however college is strapping me down.. but I really want to be good for the next few years.. what I want is a CPU like the 3700 was.. it lasted me this long.. thats all I can ask.. :-D

does the modstream have dual 12v rails...i can't remember. If so then it should be fine. OCZ is a great company so quality should be good.

I just watched ep 202 (its a special). Im really waiting for the newest bleach ep next week. Their supposed to finally get back to the main story.

edit: the e6600 should last you a while.

Nah, its single 12v rail. I figured it would be just enough to get me though with the 7900GTX.. but yeah it is a rock solid PSU.

Ah, don't spoil it. :( You watch bleach also? Nice.. I try to catch it when its on. Pretty cool show. I miss Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex though.. I saw 2nd Gig.. missed the first season.. started watching it when Adult Swim started running it again.. then they took it off and its like... :(

This topic has gone off topic. xD

Whooh....whoops, yeah that modstream is a good psu but you won't be able to run sli 8800gts with it. You need 26amps on the 12v line to power a 8800gts, so you would need dual 12v with 26amps each. It will be able to run one 8800gtx/s no prob.

Sweet...im watching gits agian (my 4th time). I watched the solid state society about two months ago. I hope another season comes out.

edit: licked up the specs now. You have one 12v line with 28amps...thats just enough to power one 8800gtx.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I suppose just going with a single GTX would be alright, considering I dont want to add the addition of a new PSU on to the cost. So whats a good mobo without SLI, as I wont be needing it.. for C2D?

Im waiting for the english DUB of sss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom