what PSU works for two 8800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiders_best

In Runtime
it says Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amps.) i cant seemed to find a 12 volt with the amps

if any one could help me out that would be great i need about a 700w psu i plan on using SLI for the two of them. and i have a quad core along with that

Must you start a new topic for every little question? Anyway...

Seasonic M12 SS-700HM

Since money is not an issue to you...

- SLi certified
- Modular design
- 4 x 18A on the 12V rail (combined 56A)
- Two fans
- Quiet

If you're honestly getting two 8800GTX's, you'd be better off getting two power supplies, and a big enough case to fit them both.

Why would you pay for 2 of them at this moment? My advice is just get one, and if you really feel you need SLI get another down the road when it's cheaper and save yourself some money. Especially since there is already CPU limitation on a single 8800 GTX (and even on the GTS) in the majority of games except Oblivion.

But whatever, get the PSU turtile listed, PCP&C are always a great choice.

yea im gonna only get one thanks for the advice, and btw have u overclocked ur e6600, if so how far did u go. I might get one and over clock it not sure what mobo to get but proboly the 680i

i found some case fans that use a 3 pin connector and i didnt seem to see on on the mobo i will be buying or the PSU or am i just really dumb

also the tough power 700w with the 250w pci express add on for sli configurations is good i use it for 1 8800gtx works good maybe im just a moron

That PSU is so overkill and monstrous. Too big, even for 2 x 8800GTX. Anyway I agree with beefcake on getting one 8800GTX. And I'd get that PC&C PSU, that turtile suggested, for the 8800GTX, also in case you want to SLI later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom