widescreen video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

liam

Baseband Member
I got a 19" lcd for xmas but my video card doesnt support the native 1440x900 resolution and the screen looks stretched. I need to get a new video card anyway because the onboard kinda sucks, but none of the video cards seem to list 1440x900 as a supported resolution. I wanted to spend 50-75 dollars and have a agp slot in my computer. Thanks for the help.
'Liam

Sorry for using your thread Liam, but will a Geforce 6100 256MB (integrated) handle a 19-21" Widescreen LCD? I'm having this same deal on whether to get full or widescreen. I mean..the TV's are going wide, should i?

Yes Talldude, your integrated video will do fine. Personally I think that the only reason to go wide is to make movies and games look better. It's a more "natural" way to view stuff like this and it does look better in my opinion.

Thanks jorsoft03. That's gonna be a big help, because the staff at Best Buy will tell you that integrated video doesn't support widescreen, make you buy an expensive card that does support widescreen, and make you waste your cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom