My first gamin pc build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slipknotjake

Baseband Member
Hey i have a few questions!

1. For my processor, will i need to apply some cpu grease, since the stock heatsink already has some?

2. What in gods name is a case speaker? It came with my case.

3. Will there be a spot to plug in all the led wires and wires that came with my case on the motherboard?

4. Do i need a fan speed controller? If i do and dont get one, will my fans run high speeds all the time?

5. Do i need to connect every cable to something coming out of the power supply?

All feedback ill thank ya for it:)

1. It depends on how much there is on there if there too much then no..

2. Case speakers its what makes those annoying generic error beeps and sounds like that..

3.Not that I would know of so probably no.

4. Totally useless unless you really want to be able to control your comp..

5. Not every but most yes.

1. For my processor, will i need to apply some cpu grease, since the stock heatsink already has some?

if the stock has some then no, but there are better brand of thermal paste out there... Arctic Silver 5 is the best.

agreed. simple, yet annoying... I don't use it

3. Will there be a spot to plug in all the led wires and wires that came with my case on the motherboard?

Yes, read your mobo manual to find all the plugins.

4. Do i need a fan speed controller? If i do and dont get one, will my fans run high speeds all the time?

Your don't NEED to have one... but as said to control your system and noise, a fan controller works... but they do make aftermarket fans that are super quiet.

5. Do i need to connect every cable to something coming out of the power supply?

No. If you do not have all equipment then there is no need to plug it in. just wrap it up and tuck it away so nothing is hanging. (better for air flow and looks)

just another point for question 5, if you have a PSU like mine(OCZ modstream) then it has wires seperatly to the PSU so you only use the wires that you need, the rest you keep in the box incase you buy anymore hardware etc

slipknotjake said:

You don't HAVE to change the thermal paste, but it wouldn't hurt. If you deciede you want to change it, CLEAN THE STOCK PASTE FIRST.

To Slipknot: Nope you don't need a fan controller at all. When I built my rig, I thought I would need a fan controller for my Zalman LED cpu cooler because I was thinking full speed would be useless at idle. Wrong, I put it to full speed and my idle temps fell by 5C almost instantly.

Now, my fan-mate is sitting inside an empty HDD bay, with the knob all the way up. So, just don't even put yours in, and let it run full speed.

slipknotjake said:
Hey i have a few questions!

All feedback ill thank ya for it:)

1. No
2. That little thing that beeps when you boot the comp up
3. Yes, and they're usually colour coded so it's really easy
4. No, but if noise is a problem, then it might be a good idea to invest in one
5. Nope, just tuck the other cables out of the way to improve airflow

Thanks everyone for the replys, helped out a lot. will my motherboard manual tell me where to put each pci card(sound, network) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom