WMP11 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobmitsuo

Baseband Member
NOTE: my question is below this pointless story, lol...

SO i have this MP3 player... Zen Vision:M 30gb. Works great, cept once in a blue moon the computer stops recognizing that it is connected. The Creative support is less then, supportive. So every time this happens i have to go through the motions of uninstalling and reinstalling the software provided by creative and WMP (at the time was using 10) and some other such mindless tasks they ask to be done before they will allow an RMA. Thankfully only had to RMA once. This little headache happened three times since last summer.

Well this time around i couldn't find my install CD. And creative support being so supportive and all, they don't offer the full download of their software now, apprently only updates. So out of despiration i upgrade to WMP11. Now the player works fine without any of the annoying creative software. But now have major issues with WMP11...

First: The library function seems sickeningly buggy. Freezes up any time i try to add more than 10k files at a time. Also, the scanning of the files seems far far slower then WMP10.

Second: When looking at the process list, WMP11 uses anywhere from 350-500k memory usage. This seems to be quite high, is that normal? The player itself is extreamly slow to respond to commands and i've been operating under the assumption that this might be caused by the fact that the mem usage is so high, which i've also been assuming is due to the fact that the player is scanning files in the background.

So, major question: Has anyone else been having simmilar issues or might this be something with my machine? so far i've heard the library issues seem to be common, but i have heard nothing about the slow response time and such. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and if so if there may be a fix out there. Cause as far as i am aware, microsoft isnt offering one currently...

1. The library has always been slow for me. Even playing a file in My Music, seems very, very slow. It's probably a bug since it's BETA.

2. Some programs use more memory than other's. I've seen Firefox using 150MB at a time if Java or QT is running. WMP might be searching, resulting in more memory used.

I've had lots of issues with WMP, which is why I'm using WMP 10. I don't believe there are fixes, other than using Winamp or Itunes.

yea, normally i use winamp, and still do for listening and watching media. I would rollback to WMP10 if it weren't for the fact the MP3 player won't work well with 10 for some reason. I guess i'll just have to be patient and wait for a fix, as well as be patient with transfering data between the compy and the zen vision:M. Now if only creative offered better software support for the damned thing, wouldn't have to deal with WMP... oh well

My Creative Zen Microphoto 8GB works fine with WMP10, i guess because yours uploads videos it makes it difficult to use in WMP10.

I actually have an iso of the Vision M install CD on my computer. It's 544mb, so if you can think of any way I could send it to you I'd be happy to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom