All my new stuff is here!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still at work so have not started overclocking, but my 30" Dell arrived and I'm salivating. Don't want to open it until I get home. What's funny is the box is WAY smaller than the Viewsonice 27" I had before. Funny stuff. I'll post some overclocks tonight. Did do some temp monitoring and wow, the 8800GTXs run mighty hot. I have 5 case fans and they still idle in the upper 60's with no OC yet. But I've heard that is what they do so I'm not worrying about it. More to come....

Okay, 1:45 am, have been messing around. Have it overclocked to 3.4 no problem. Just had to raise the voltage to 1.375 to keep it stable. I will try backing that off a little seeing as how I didn't jump up slow. I have the ram running unlinked at ddr2 1000 5-5-5-15 just like advertised but at 2.0v. I will keep pushing the cpu then mess more with the ram once I top out. The new monitor is off the chains amazing. I loaded up company of heroes and just started the campaign. At 2550x1600 with everything maxed it is a totally different game. My old 27" LCD topped out at 1024x768. Going to run some 3dmark06 once it finishes downloading. All in all i'm very happy so far. I can't wait to get oblivion on here and turn AA and HDR on to see how pretty it is. I'll keep posting as I go.....

Nice.

Your framerates should be pretty sluggish in the game Rainbow Six: Vegas.

I have the same ram, it's awesome stuff, D9's baby :D

I read that on inquirer.com. I just won't be able to play that at 2550x1600. That is what people sometimes miss. There are games out NOW that can bring these to their knees if I try and play with insane resolution. You have to love PC gaming....

Hmm, every time I try and install 3DMark06 I get an error staying that the windows installer is missing a dll file and cannot install. I dl from 3 different sites and got the same everytime. Any ideas??

Do I need to have Service Pack 2 installed for this to work?? Or is there something wrong with my windows install??

Okay, dl and installed SP2 and that fixed the 3DMark problem, but I had no time to run a test before work. Last night I did do a stress test with COH. All settings maxed and rez at 2550x1600. My max was 214fps, avg was 187, but the min got to 19 at some point. I will get fear installed, and obviously run 3Dmark sometime tonight after my concert. Then I will continue to push the cpu past 3.4. Oblivion looks amazing with AA and HDR. Enabled. I force settings through Ntune then max them out in Oblivion. Again, looks like it was supposed to and I love it. Have a great day everyone.

without oc'ing the 8800's 3dmark06=12854.
Ocing them to 650/1920=14628.
Guess I should start posting in the OC forum now so after this post, unless I put up pics, I won't say anything more. All great componants, I am super happy, and this monitor is just sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom