graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you can get 512mb 7900gt's and the specs appear lower for the 7950gt which is annoying me just a bit seein as wats the point in making an upgrade model that is worse then the last.

Matt

There are 4 differences

The name and company making the card

The 7950 has a 550mhz gpu speed 30 more then the 7900

The amount of ram

the memory speed is 1500mhz on the 7900 and 100 less on the 7950

Some1 pls help

Your reviewing a different manufactrers two cards thou as yours are Nvidia and have different specs in the link and the Two I'm looking at are Xfx for the 7900Gt and palit (anyone heard of them???) for the 7950Gt and the only marked differences are the ones I said above I know that the memory only affects high detail graphics on ram intense games and 252mb would do fine but for an extra £20 is it worth buying the other card???

Matt

http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=33

taken from an older article, but it still applies...

The more on-board memory a video card has, the more data it can "keep close" to the graphics processor. The less time the card has to spend looking up data, the faster the performance will be. Like system memory, video card RAM is measured in megabytes (MB). Some articles and packaging materials will refer to this as "video RAM" or "VRAM" to distinguish it from system memory. You might also see some manufacturers use the term "frame buffer" to denote a VRAM measurement. 64MB of RAM is an affordable minimum, 128MB is the next step up, and 256MB is the top end.

lol 256mb the top end wow I thought it was 1gb now adays. I get what your saying but as the memory speed is slower surely that has a detrimental affect upon the performance which may allow the 7900GT(which is factory overclocked to the same as a GTX) to be better even thogh it is lacking in onboard ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom