FSB to DRAM Ratio Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow126

Beta member
Alright, basically i just bought two Gigs of DDR 400 (pc3200) ram in the form of 4x 512 mb synchs. They are replacing 1 gig (2x512) of pc 2700 ram. after installing them i ran CPU-Z to figure out my timings and stuff too see if i wanted to try to overclock or anything. I noticed my FSB:DRAM ratio showed 2:3 rather than 1:1. Ive heard that running asyncrounous FSB to ram ratios can create a performance bottleneck, but ive also heard that on SIS p4 chipsets the async modes are configured to work correctly and not rob performance. The questions im posing here is whether or not i should aim to regain a FSB:DRAM ratio of 1:1, or whether i should allow it to remain at 2:3. And will a 2:3 ratio rob me of performance. Please help,lol

I have a ASUS P4S800D-X mainboard with an SIS chipset, and a p4 that has an rated fsb of 533 (after being quadpumped)

About the smilies a colon and an uppercase D with no space in between make that smiley. Put a space between : and D. Otherwise, you'll still have :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom