AGP card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
What is the best bang-for-buck AGP card currently out?

And would it be better if I bought a new motherboard with a PCI-e slot, and then got a PCI-e card?

Yes go with pci-E, i just did. I got a new x1800gto for $120 at newegg. It's pci-E and it came with rainbow six: Vegas for free lol. I also bought a new mobo with pci-E becuase my odl one had agp. IT's an Asus A8N-E with nf4 ultra. All for around 220. Which is less than the 7800gs agp.

radtadtod said:
belive it or not, some people still use AGP, and recently I've seen some higher end AGP cards coming out. Such as: http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=32664&adid=3937862&subid=14496611&type=
but thats from the Frys in my area, but i'm sure you can find reasonably priced cards online.

Well the x1650 pro isnt really high end, but its a decent card. The main problem though with agp isn't really the performance, it's the price. Since they are phasing out, the prices of agp cards are liek 50 to almost 100 dollars more than the pci-E version of the card. This is what turns people away to buying them, and it turned me away. The best agp card right now is the 7800gs for around 230. With that price you can get a new motherboard with a pci-E slot, and a new pci-E videocard which will perform better than the 7800gs.

One of the best agp card if you can find it is the radeon x850xt. Because it has high clock speeds, 256 bit interface, and nto to mention 16 pipes. If you can find it one day in the open box section, then buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom