Master and slave problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingasis

In Runtime
Alright, so basically the problem is I can't start up my computer because of an installation freeze... now that I got a new xp cd it won't even start up... And for some reason now, the 160 which is suppose to be the slave is now the master... and the 120 gig which is the slave is suppose to be the master... I tried switching up the wires but that didn't work... any help?

Try going into the bios and moving the first boot device as the CD, see if that can help

Switch the pin jumpers on the rear of the drives. Put the 120 as master and the 160 as slave I think you have them on cable select.

It really shouldn't matter which one is Slave and Master. They are both the same, it's just a name.

Try disconnecting one of the disks.

Yeah, I've tried disconnecting the discs... tried to disconnect the 160 but then the 120 is still the slave... it's wierd.

NurthinAziz said:
Yeah, I've tried disconnecting the discs... tried to disconnect the 160 but then the 120 is still the slave... it's wierd.

The 120 will stay slave as long as the jumper on that disk is set to slave. But that shouldn't matter at all.

Basically my problem now is that the 160 isn't showing as a 160 gig hard drive... it says it's a 136 or whatever gig hard drive. And my problem is basically booting from the CD 'cause it won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom