Comment On Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it rocks.
lemme know how that ram and 7900gs work with the e6600 (they are the same as mine), i may be building my mom a rig with my 4200 and getting a 6600 for myself.

GREAT BUILD. And i checked a review on that PSU and your right, it looks good:

Performance Summary & Final Conclusions:

The Hiper Type-R is a good quality power supply with some unique features. The mesh body provides additional ventilation, allowing for the fans to run quieter. The modular power connectors are unique with the screw-type design and extension system. The sleeving on all cables also provides a nice touch and clean look. As mentioned before this PSU is NVIDIA SLI Certified, and also has a 3 year warranty.

This PSU isn't all just good looks, its performance is also solid. Voltages were all within spec, though a little high under a light load. Efficiency was about typical for any high-end power supply. Ripple was well within specs.

For all the hype that surrounded this power supply though, I can't say that it really something revolutionary that blew away my expectations. The actual internal design (the "guts") is really not that different than what you would find in any good quality power supply. The Type-R differentiates itself more by the custom cabling & chassis designs, which too is an important aspect of a good PSU. All in all, if someone was looking for a PSU that was just a little different than the rest, then I would not hesitate to recommend this PSU for them to consider.

http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/cases/Hiper_TypeR_580W_7.html

Another thing to consider is another hard drive and another DVD rom drive. The extra dvd makes burning easier and the hard drive for either back ups or improving performance by seperating Windows and data...

Good luck, either way that system will be very fast.

You still seem to be having problems with the links:confused: You have to post them one at a time, when you try to post them as a whole build it never works for some reason...

yeah I am planning on getting another hard drive at a later date, as I said before I am working with a limited budget. Please don't think that once I get my new system that, that will be it O no I am still going to buy more parts for it as soon as I get some more money. Anyway please leave more comments and opinions about my new system specification please and thank you in advance.

Why so adiment about the xms2? g skill is just as good and cheaper.

If you buy a "dual channel"kit with your ram they are syncronized a little better then just buying a couple 1gb sticks. I just wanted to run that by you so that you know.

yes I also thought about that about get G skill rams due to the fact that they are good too and cheaper, but you see Asus mobo are very picky about the type of ram used. And a person who bought the mobo said that his G skill didn't work with it and had to get cosair ram due to the fact that they are compatible with the Asus mobo and any other mobo. Ok that is why I didn't get it, but I have made it clear that I am going to get another GB of ram at a later date (as soon as I get some more money), so keep posting on leave more comments and opinions towards my new build please and thank you in advance.

the only problem that i know of is getting a different version of the same ram.
i.e. i have read that when you buy 1gb and upgrade at a later date even if you buy the "exact same" ram, you may end up with a different version and all types of problems posting.
dude if you can swing it buy two 1gb sticks. if you cant wait two weeks till you can and save the possibility of some serious headaches.

Ok I am seariously thinking about it but the thing is that the RAM is just too expensive to get 2 of them at this particular time. And it is the only one that I know of that is compatible with this mobo at this moment, unless anyone has any info about what RAMs are compatible with this mobo. Plus if I can't get another stick of the same RAM I might just sell it and two other of the same time, cause what I am telling you guys is that money is limited and I kinda want my new system like ASAP.

get a cheaper mobo.
if your only going to be going with one video card then get the ASUS p5b thats around 150 bucks.

and use the money you save to upgrade to 2 gigs of ram

I kinda like this mobo and I am not sure what I might do in the near future. But be honest the can't I get another 1GB RAM of the same one that I am going to use and install it at a later date (like 2 weeks time after I get my new system) and the games I am going to be running I don't think it would put too much strain on my system until I get the other RAM. I am planning on playing game like World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Counter Strike and and a few other First Person Shooters and Strategy Games (can't the 1GB RAM handle all of these games to the fullest). Other from the fact that I still need 1 GB of RAM, what do you think of my system specifications. Please leave your comments and opinions please and thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom