overclocking E6300 with DDR400

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i would love to at least try to oc with the ddr400 ram. right now i am currently running at 1.89ghz:) so i guess you could call if an overclock. my goal is to reach 2.4 ghz but i will be partially satisfied if i could reach 2.0ghz. i will keep you guys updated.

j369852147412 said:
well my motherboard says that it supports it but i have my doubts.......

1 more question lets say i buy a new stick of DDR 533 ram. and later down the line i want to upgrade to a gigabyte ds3 motherboard. the memory standard is DDR2 800. will i be able to use my DDR2 533 ram with the gigabyte ds3 motherboard?

can anyone answer my question?

in answer to your question yes the ddr2 533 will work with a gigabyte ds3, but i would advise you to go with ddr2 667 for now cause it will only cost a tiny amount more and would get you to 2.3ghz without overclocking the ram at all (this is wat i have done), i only paid like an extra $10 or something to go with 667 as opposed to 533

second that... 533 will seriously inhibit your overclock.

i have ddr2-800 and i have to set it at 667, sometimes 533 to get major overclocks. ie to keep the ram from running too high of frequency and becoming unstable.
el-roberto is right for price difference definitely worth 667.

o.k. wait.
are you going to buy ddr2 or ddr?
you've got both mentioned in your post...?
if i'm understanding you correctly you want to put ddr ram in a gigabyte ds3?
i don't know if that would work or not, please clarify the question.

i want to put ddr2 533 ram into the gigabyte ds3 motherboard.
the only reason i want to put ddr2 533 ram into a dsd3 motherboard is because my current motherboard supports ddr2 533, and i was planning to get a 1gb stick of ddr 2 533 ram. so i i bought the ram now and wanted to upgrade to the gigabyte ds3 motherboard i was wondering if the ram would work with that motherboard.

I don't see how you can be running non-DDR2 ram with a conroe at all... are you sure you are not mistaken? I didn't think conroe even supported DDR. (actually, does any LGA775 chip support DDR?)

okay okay now i get it.
yes, from the reading i have done you will be able to use it in your new mobo, but do not look for good results in overclocking.
that is, if you can overclock it at all.

well right now i'm using my ddr 400 ram and my 6300 is oc'd to 1.9ghz from 1.86ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom