LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased the Samsung 205BW 20" Widescreen. It's an upgrade from my 17" CRT. So far I love it, though they are hard to find these days.

I supose what i got matters if its worth it. though i dont really need two monitors.

i dont remember off had what i have though. oh well. i guess ill just have to wait and see when i have the money.

The best names are: Viewsonic, Samsung, Benq, Acer. All panels are made by only a few manufactuers so its sometimes the "package" (casing, buttons, features etc) that changes the price....
Acers are less usually cause they aren't so "pimped up".... but still use quality panels....To me it matters, my viewsonic is like a Sherman tank, nice and solid and quality buttons etc....go look at some at Best Buy or wherever.
Get 6ms or less response time and high as possible contrast ratio...the rest is up to you to decide...there are tons of reviews on the web.

my 22" acer is rock solid. ive been using it since september and its been nothing short of perfect. vaderpro is right in saying that only a few manufacturers make panels... if im not mistaken, acer, samsung, benq, and viewsonic all use the same EXACT TN panel on their low-mid end monitors. exceptions to this are LG and Apple, as they use higher quality panels.

needless to say, if you're not a photographer or video editor, one of the lower-end models will more than fit your needs. that said, i'd recommend the acer!

Well, in about four days, I'm getting my LCD (January 4'th), I'll be looking around for sales and stuff. I'm debating on going to either Staples or Future Shop (Staples specializes in Acer, while Future Shop just got them in about 6 months ago)

talldude123 said:
Well, in about four days, I'm getting my LCD (January 4'th), I'll be looking around for sales and stuff. I'm debating on going to either Staples or Future Shop (Staples specializes in Acer, while Future Shop just got them in about 6 months ago)

I bought mine from a local computer shop and it was like $75 cheaper than Future Shop or Best Buy...I hate supporting those big companies...I also find that if they dont sell something out it'll just sit there and you wont be getting the most up to date product...

Hey, Talldude you are in Victoria...also check out Staples and London Drugs....they have aewsome return/customer service policies....I bought a $600 lcd from Staples, tried it for a week and returned it, no questions asked...no restocking fee or anything...

If your coming over to the mainland there are tons of computer stores better than F.S....good luck...

Well, for what I want, Acer 1916 19" Widescreen Monitor, it's $229 at Future Shop, $289 at local stores out here. $60 is a good savings. At Staples, it's $207 for a full-screen 19", and $267 for a widescreen.

Question:

Is widescreen really worth the extra money, and will a Geforce 6100 support widescreen?

talldude123 said:
Question:

Is widescreen really worth the extra money, and will a Geforce 6100 support widescreen?

Its more personal preferance. Fact is, there is more screen to show your stuff. Good explaination here:

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/CategoryIntelligenceArticle.asp?articleId=54

The rapid development of high definition video as well as widescreen-supporting games and applications means that widescreen monitors are a hot trend for the future. In the meantime, your first consideration should be whether or not a widescreen display is beneficial to your everyday use, otherwise a traditional LCD monitor could be a better choice.

talldude123 said:
Well, for what I want, Acer 1916 19" Widescreen Monitor, it's $229 at Future Shop, $289 at local stores out here. $60 is a good savings. At Staples, it's $207 for a full-screen 19", and $267 for a widescreen.

Just dont go for the extended warranty BS....its a rip job...

If I buy something cheap and/or crappy, then I'll get the smallest warranty, like 2-year.

But I'll probably get an LG, and they have a 3-year exchange. The best warranty out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom