pushing a 7900gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah! are you GS people who are hitting 650+Mhz voltmodded?!?

mine craps out above 560/800, idle 48*C load 67*C... I would vmod but I don't really have the guts, heh. I don't want to end up breaking it and then not being able to get a replacement under warranty, it took me ages to save up.

However, it runs games as well as I want, so there isnt really any need to fork out on a new cooler etc.

I may AS5 the stock cooler though, that should help. It has a 120mm fan balanced on top of the cooler, which drops the load to 67 down from 85 odd. (BTX case, so that is possible :D )

reggie_da_man said:
Voltmodding takes honestly like 5 minutes and it's very simple. It's not scary at all.

yea... but if you DO mess it up, then it is HIGHLY annoying and more than likely requires me to save up the money to fund a new card.

if I had lots of money then I would do it, as it wouldnt matter as much if I had to buy a new one. heh

i can press mine to 590/850 no vmod.
but i run it at 550/800 , thats plenty fast for this card and it NEVER artifacts.
if i tried to volt mod it i would probably burn down my house, but im gonna read up on it...
i guess if i fry it, that is a good excuse to upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom