In Runtime
Hello!

Well I just built a new system for a family member with the following specs:

DFI LanParty UT NF4-D Motherboard
Athlon 3400+ Venice CPU
1GB DDR400 Kingston RAM
ATI Radeon x550 SLI 256MB Graphics Card
Master Power 500watt psu

Those are really the only relevant pieces to the puzzle. Anyway, I built the machine, but apparently the CPU fan was faulty. The system would boot for a few seconds before the CPU's fail safe kicked in and shut down the system. So the heatsink fan was replaced and everything booted up just fine (just needed an OS). So after bringing it back to my house, I hooked everything back up and turned on the machine. All the fans (including the CPU fan and GPU fan) started spinning. All the motherboard LEDs came on. The hard drive spun to life, and so did the DVD drive. But no image on the CRT monitor. At first I thought it just wasn't plugged in right, so I reseated the cable and tried it again. Still nothing. After that, I moved the known working video card into another PCI Express slot. Same results. I even tried reseating the known good stick of RAM and tried it in other slots. Still no display on the monitor.

There are no POST beeps either.

Unfortunately, I don't have a spare 939 pin processor lying around or 939 socket motherboard, but everyone else who's looked at it seems to think it's definitely one of the two. Is there a way to find out for sure without switching out parts? I would've gone to my local comp store to pick them up and return them, but of course they won't do that.

I do and thanks for the response, but when there's no image on the screen at all, how can I access the BIOS and be able to see what I'm doing?

Take the video card out completely and see if it freaks out at you (makes beeping noises).

If not, it is probably the motherboard. That's not a for-sure way of telling, but it's a start.

Thanks for the advice D :) Tried taking the video card out but no beeps. Even tried taking the memory out. Still no beeps. Still have LED lights though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom