Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
but what kind of power difference are we talkin here? How fast would the cheaper model play WOW, if it can play it with decent frames smoothly then i see no need to spend $300 to get this extra proformance I dont need it to play anything like fear or anything, WOW and the sims 2 with expansion packs would probally be the extent of it unless i attempt hl2. I also dont like the 17" screen or the touch pad on the left side of the keyboard. I would perfer a smaller profile laptop but with a good punch for around $850-$1100.

unless the 7200 has poor proformance then i would like to stick with the one i showed above. (im sorta comparing it to ati igp 345m which is what my dads laptop has and i wouldnt touch anything with proformance even near that thing)

You should be able to play both those games with the cheaper laptop with a decent framerate.

ok guys, hows this..... the total price is $1,166.70 with tax and shipping (which tax WAS charged and shipping wasnt free)

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5600 (1.83GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
LCD Panel 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
Video Card 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™
Hard Drive 120GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
Network Card and Modem Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
Combo or DVD+RW Drive 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
Sound Options Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ HD Software Edition

its a little more than the compaq and i could downgrade the processor to 1.66ghz and save a lil bit. In your opinion which would be the best? this recent build is a dell and i hate dells but i might have to settle for one

It seems okay-still turbocached, though. Games like WoW and the sims 2 will run fine but it's going to be the games you want to play 1 or 2 years from now that you're going to have problems with. A 7600/1600 dedicated card is going to make a huge difference then. Try building a notebook on these sites and see how they stack up. I went through a lot of this 4 months ago when I got mine so I know how it feels...
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...ore/en/-/USD/SY_CTO-Start?ProductSKU=M1NBFA06
http://www.avadirect.com/Notebooks
www.abs.com

Sony is actually very decent as far as pricing if you customize one directly from them. Avadirect is an MSI reseller-very highly rated company.

I really like this sony, downside is that its about $250 more, charges tax ($80) and doesnt have a free media center upgrade, but i guess i can live with xp home. The hard drive is 20G smaller than the hp but this would be what i would buy.

LCD Display:
15.4" WXGA TFT with XBRITE-HiColor Technology and MOTION EYE Camera

Graphics Card:
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

Wireless Lan:
Wireless LAN (802.11a\b\g)

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5500 / ICD 1.66 GHz

Memory:
1 GB DDR-SDRAM (DDR2-533, 512 MBx2) Windows Vista Premium Ready

Hard Drive:
100 GB Hard Disk Drive

Optical Drive:
DVD+-R DL_DVD+-RW_DVD-RAM Drive

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Battery:
Standard Capacity Lithium-ion Battery (BPS2B)

Pre-Installed Office Software:
Microsoft Works 8.5

Movie Pack:
None Movie Pack

Photo Software:
Photo Standard

Music Software:
Music Plus

Video Software:
Video Standard

Engraving:
Engraving

its $ 1,354.72 including tax and shipping. I really like this one, but its alot more expensive than the other one, but i guess if i could get the money it would be worth it in the long run.

ok ive shopped around somemore and i found a dell that i really like (hard to beleive since i pretty much hate dell) It lookes like a really good deal to me, but it doesnt have a fully dedicated graphics card, it has the ati X1400. I know it has issues with sims 2, but its fixable and i googled wow on it and they say it plays it very nicely.

Heres the complete specs
Inspiron E1505 Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB)
Operating System (Office software not included) Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
LCD Panel 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
Memory 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
Video Card 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™
Hard Drive 80GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
Network Card and Modem Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
Combo or DVD+RW Drive 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
Sound Options Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ HD Software Edition
Wireless Networking Cards Dell Wireless 1390b/g (54Mbps)

i applied a coupon and got $250 off so the subtotal is $1,018
bringing the grand total to $1082 after tax and free shipping

The video isn't as good as I'd want it to be-you might have some trouble a year or two from now. But honestly I don't think you can do better for only a grand. Lemme try and find something....

ok jsut to follow up this forum, if you guys wanted to know how it turned out, i bought the dell with the ati x1400 and i really enjoy it. It playes WOW very nicely now (i have a post in the hardware troubleshooting section explaining the little incedent i had with the sims 2) I have wow on moderatly high settings and it looks about as good as my desktop, only the desktop has everything all the way up. The core 2 duo is very quick and this thing mulitasks like a mother. Came with a bunch of software crap which i took off as soon as i got it. Plays dvds and high def video flawless, looks insane.

I am very satisfied with my purchase, i have only had it for 1 day though so i havnt fully tested it out yet. I hope to try hl2 out very soon, ill let you kno how that goes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom