graphics memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
ok so i sent my old 256mb sapphire x1950 pro back due to overheating problems but that isn't really relevent to this theard..

so i am looking to but either the HIS x1950 256mb or the HIS x1950 512mb.

When i was playing flight simulator on my old sapphire x1950 256mb some of the textures would load that a lower quality and then half a second later switch to the higher quality it was meant to be. I was wondering wether this was all my graphics memeory was being used up
This really bugged me and i was wondering if i got the 512mb HIS version would it solve the problem. :confused:

Thanks for your help

Tim:)

It probably could be your system ram instead, seeing you only have 1gb of ram. The game would run alot better with 2gb or ram. Also the overheating could have been an issue, that caused the game to run like that.

512MB won't help much at all. Its only a marketing gimmick in most cases. If a card is made in both sizes, the larger size is most likely a waste.

Upgrade you system RAM as said above. You will use over a GB of system memory w/ that graphics card at high settings.

As in your thread above, it is only about a $20 dollar difference. If you have the money then do it, but if this card is just a temporary until dx10 budget cards I would just save the money for a zalman for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom