Need a long lasting rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas I wanted to build a good rig for myself. Something that will last for say 3 years. What ****es me off is that last year I bout socket 939 mobo and now it is almost obsolete :( since dual core cpus are out. Anywho, I was thinking of getting the following:

e6600
8800gtx

I need some advice as to what mobo, and ram should I get.

nvidia 680i mofo, 2 gigs ram. I'll have my e6600, 8800GTX, 680i, and 2 gigs coming in 2 weeks or so I can't wait!
Go with EVGA, too. They have great stuff all around

Ok there are too many kinds of RAM out there like OCZ Extreme, Platinum nad so on. Mind you, the prices vary greatly. Which 1 should I purchase?

How much are you looking to spend on ram and are you gonna be overclocking or gaming? Well with that build it seems like you will be gaming. heh

I hear that as long as you have 2 gigs of ram, it really doesn't matter how much you spend on them. And yes I need a rig for gaming.

All ram is not created equal. I'm sure someone else will flame you on that so i'm not going to. Just buy nice ram from a good vender.....

sammytheman said:
Hey fellas I wanted to build a good rig for myself. Something that will last for say 3 years. What ****es me off is that last year I bout socket 939 mobo and now it is almost obsolete :( since dual core cpus are out. Anywho, I was thinking of getting the following:

e6600
8800gtx

I need some advice as to what mobo, and ram should I get.

what kind of cpu do you have now? how much money do you have/want to spend?
a lot of people run x2's in socket 939.
but, anyway, if you have the money to spend, i agree with everyone else, i just thought i'd throw that out there about the dual core that will fit in your socket.
i don't think anything will last you three years and still be top notch/cutting edge, so "lasting three years" is really relative to what you are going to be using it for.
but yeah, unfortunately the only upgrade path for 939 is the x2... although i'm sure it could last three years as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom