CPU temp monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hi I downloaded Everest Home Edition and I'm wondering if it is a good system monitor for my setup:

Gigabyte DS3 965p
Intel Core 2 Duo e6600 @ 2.4Ghz/Zalman/as5
2x1GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 800
Sapphire x1950PRO 256mb
OCZ 700W
Soundblaster X-fi Xtrememusic

I hear that this program was discontinued in late 2005, so that means my cpu is too new for it I guess. I really wanted a program like this primarily just to monitor my cpu temps without having to go into the BIOS ect. Well, this one says:

Temperatures:

CPU 1 °C (34 °F)
Aux 31 °C (88 °F)
WDC WD2500YD-01NVB1 4 °C (39 °F)

The Aux temp is the same as what my BIOS says, so I guess that's right. But what about the cpu? What should I go by?

Is there a better program out there that is actually fully compatible with Conroes? Please link me to it if possible. thanks.

Ive got Everest ultimate edition, the GPU temps are always the same as my temp on nvidia control panel so it must be fairly accurate

I've already tried searching the forums using "cpu temperature monitor" and the like and all it comes up with is "omg I monitor my cpu temperature it's 110c I think it blew up help!" and things like that lol.

Thanks for those links. I'll download them when I get home on monday.

I use Core Temp.

It's as close to the BIOS as you can get, and everest is a joke for CPU tempeture monitoring.

Hey Core Temp is pretty cool. Very simple and seems to give the same numbers as my BIOS. By the way, 30C a good number for a 2.4Ghz e6600w/Zalmanw/AS5 when idling?

Yup thats good.

Do you have an exhuast fan, and if so is it powerful?

I put a 74 CMF Thermaltake thunderblade for my exhuast and the Zalman blows all it's hot air out that, and My temps decreased by 3C.

:D

Yeah my NZXT Apollo has a side fan blowing in and a rear blowing out. Both are 120mm. I'm going to buy another 120mm and mount it on the bottom in the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom