1st pc build - help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatmy91

Baseband Member
hi guys, i have finially been allowed to build a pc by my parents. i would like a fairly good pc that can handle games like cod2 and total war etc, and is suitable to upgrade to vista in a year or so.

i have the e300 core two duo in mind as a processor and i dont require a screen, OS or optical drives. also i dont need a massive hard drive (80gb would probs be plenty)

budget is trying to keep it down but around £600 - £700 is the range.

any suggestions welcome.
thank you very much

The E6300 is a great processor and has good price/ performance ratio. I'd recommend an Evga7900GT graphics card as its a good card and the Evga model comes with an upgrading program so that you can get a new card in 90days and just pay the difference so you can get a dx10 card for relatively cheap by the time vista becomes finalised. you will need 2gb of Ram there are plenty of threads explaining good and bad makes go for value ram by a good brand. power supply of about 500W by a brand such as Antec again there are tons of threads on Psu's. I personally prefer Seagate barracuda harddrives as they come with lifetime warranty and are cheap. Case is completely upto you but make sure there is proficient cooling but a 120mm at the back and 60mm at the front should suffice if your not overclocking. motherboard Asus, gigabit are the main boards people seem to recomend on here for core 2 duo but i personally prefer the Intel boards as they are quite stable. you will need a motherboard with an LGA775 socket to use a core duo cpu.

Matt

thank for that. also, can anyone recommend a good place to buy commonents from in the UK?

thanks for that.also, can anyone recommend where to buy commonents from in the UK?

dabs.co.uk has a good selection but I'm switching to scan.co.uk as they are very slightly cheaper but there is only about £20's difference between them. Uk is much more expensive then the US which is SH*T. Do you have anymore questions???

Matt

what is you budget....all you said was "?-?".

We need a budget or ppl will suggest crazy $4000 (i don't know what that is in pounds or familiar with prices in the UK) setups.

So an estimate budget would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom