pushing a 7900gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
like bobojuice said, because we are all reading the actual frequency of the memory :p you are reading the DDR rate. bobojuice is neglecting to mention that his card came with a Zalman VF700 (if i recall correctly) so don't be expecting those overclocks on a stock cooler. my card hits 605/850 (the memory will hit 880MHz but craps out after a while) on the stock cooler with no volt mods.

nitestick said:
like bobojuice said, because we are all reading the actual frequency of the memory :p you are reading the DDR rate. bobojuice is neglecting to mention that his card came with a Zalman VF700 (if i recall correctly) so don't be expecting those overclocks on a stock cooler. my card hits 605/850 (the memory will hit 880MHz but craps out after a while) on the stock cooler with no volt mods.

Yup he's right. And it keeps my gpu at a nice cool 45 idle 64 load. But it still makes me so sad that i cant get my memory up even close to his.

Well i cant really complain as i got the card as a gift from a client :D. Overall im still extremely satisfied with the card. Have you tried voltmodding yours yet? Or are you going to?

I can push my memory to 900mhz when the core is at stock speeds. Once the gpu hits a certain temperature, the memory starts to become unstable at lower and lower speeds. I figure I will go to water cooling in february. I should be able to push my card and cpu way farther than I can now. Boy, I cant wait!

i will, i'm holding back until i upgrade my cooler. i know of quite a few people who volt modded on the stock cooler but they also had far lower overclocks than mine without the volt mod. i don't see a reason to cook my GPU because i'm impatient :p when mine already clocks as far as many peoples do with a small volt mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom