final opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
well w/e, i made the order, shoulda done a lil more research on the mobo, sadly, that model has a problem with an overheating southbridge, i got some thermal adheasive and some heatsinks and fans for it, so its good. well, this is what it said on newegg.

Ship date
12/28/2006 18:03:02
Estimated delivery
12/29/2006

i seriously doubt its going to be here tomorrow, id guess on saturday (if they deliver on weekends) or if not, monday (knowing my luck, i might as well just go to my freinds house tomorrow and stay home on monday)

k everything just came in the mail, 2 reinstalls, 15bluescreens later, its running good now, had a little bit of a hard time installing the chipset drivers. do i also have to install the amd 64 whatever processor driver?

well, ill be back in like 2 hours, im gonna do the one thing that made me get this computer. im going to play halo.

bmxfreakrider said:
well, ill be back in like 2 hours, im gonna do the one thing that made me get this computer. im going to play halo.

You're gonna play Halo with 256MB RAM?

I'm not a genius at gaming, as a matter of fact, I'm a dummy at gaming, but don't you need alot of RAM for gaming? BTW your motherboard's graphics chipset is better than your video card. The motherboard has a 256MB Geforce 6100, you have a 64MB MX4000.

...umm, i got a 128. it runs good. weird thing tho, might be related to ram, when i put the system under alot of stress, (well, searching for music in wmp, unraring files, copying files, etc) i get a bluescreen saying MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.

just googled it, and hes got the same problem as me. anytime i read the secondary hdd on the primary channel, it freezes and bsod's.

ive heard that disabling dma on it and setting it to pio mode fixes it. im going to try that right now, ill be back with an update.

EDIT: k pio mode fixes it, no more blue screens!!! YAY, lol. well i ran 3dmark on the onboard and on the mx4000, and the 4000 made 3963, and the onboard made 3647. so i would say that the mx4000, even tho it has lower numbers, it is better for the game (tho the onboard has more features)

great...mobo died. was just sitting there and plugged my new zune into the back of the computer so i could copy some of my new music to it, and it shut off. will turn on, will not turn off. everything spins, hdd light is solid, powerlight is off. dont know what it is, so ****in ****ed off i cant even think.

Did you buy any warranties? It must come with some kind of warranty, like 30 days or something, ship it back and get your money back.

My computer was good, but now it's really starting to lag when I watch movies and load up WMP. Maybe I have a virus, i dunno?

Your computer is probably faster than mine. Maybe they lied and I have a Sempron 3500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom